The Lawrence Township Education Foundation (LTEF) is pleased to celebrate its 20th anniversary by awarding a grant to each school in the Lawrence Township district. Grant proposals were submitted by school principals for projects that will have a lasting impact. The following grants were awarded:
- Ben Franklin Elementary School received funding for supplies that will enhance their outdoor learning opportunities, including walking paths and an awning to the existing SNAP space outdoor classroom.
- Lawrenceville Elementary School received funding for a sensory garden. This new garden will allow students to explore nature through scent, color, sound, and touch.
- Eldridge Park School received funding that will bring an updated sound system to the all-purpose room to enhance assemblies, concerts and more.
- Slackwood Elementary School’s grant will add a walking path around the playground area to access their new fitness equipment. It will be used by both students and the local community.
- Lawrence Intermediate School will add a new projector to the all-purpose room that will enhance assemblies, presentations, and other speaking functions at the school.
- Lawrence Middle School’s grant will provide new seating and upgrades to existing reading areas in the school’s library, providing students with areas more conducive to in-depth reading.
- Lawrence High School students will participate in a program this fall titled “Be the Change.” This program will provide students with experiential workshops and seminars that demonstrate the possibility of love and connection through the celebration of diversity, truth, and full expression.
LTEF was founded 20 years ago when local business representatives and school district administration met to discuss the growing popularity of local education foundations. The vision was to bring together the many resources of Lawrence’s community for the benefit of the Lawrence Township public schools. In August, 1992 the Lawrence Township Education Foundation was officially incorporated. The Foundation has supported excellence, creativity, and achievement in the Lawrence Township Public Schools by awarding grants. To date over 525 grants have been awarded totaling over $2.6 million.